Upon booking, a credit card will be requested for appointment reservations. For all permanent makeup appointments, a non-refundable deposit of $100 will be required once we confirm your appointment. This deposit will be applied to your service fees.
We reserve the right to refuse service.
Our prices are subject to change at anytime.
If you are a first time client, please arrive 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled time to fill out necessary paperwork.
In the event of an allergic reaction or if a client is not satisfied with the end result of a service, we will work with you to find a solution. However, we can not offer any refund for services rendered.
Your time is very valuable to us and we ask for you to extend the same courtesy. We kindly ask for a 24 hours notice to be given to us should you need to cancel or reschedule your lash appointment. Any cancellation/rescheduling within 24 hours or in the event of a no-show will result in a charge of 35% of the scheduled lash full set or $20 fee for lash refills.
For permanent makeup appointments, we will require a 48 hours advance notice for cancellations/rescheduling. Any cancellation/rescheduling less than 48 hours prior to your permanent makeup appointment will result in you forfeiting your deposit. A new deposit will be required to rebook any future appointments. Any cancellations/rescheduling less than 48 hours for touch up appointments will result in a $25 fee.
Eyelash Extension Policy/FAQs
Although rare, allergic reactions can develop at any time. If a client is experiencing an allergic reaction due to the lash extensions, a removal service, free of charge, is offered as long as it is within 48 hours of the initial application (after 48 hours, normal removal fees will apply). The initial service will not be refunded. If you have any concern, a patch test is highly recommended several days prior to your scheduled appointment. Please call to schedule.
Eyelash Extension Refills
We recommend our clients to schedule their refills within 2-4 weeks from their last application. Maintaining a minimum of 50% eyelash extension from your last application is recommend for a refill. Any clients with less than a reasonable amount will result in a new set.
If you are a client coming from another salon wanting to have your lashes filled with The Beauty Haus, a consultation is recommended for us to examine the integrity of your natural lashes to determine if we can proceed with a refill.
If you arrive late to your appointment, we can still accommodate you, however, your appointment will still end at the scheduled time and you will be expected to pay in full for the scheduled service. Should you wish to reschedule due to your late arrival, our cancellation/rescheduling policy will come into effect and you will be liable for any fees associated.
Semi-Permanent Makeup Policy/FAQs
It is recommended that any clients who easily encounters allergic reactions to request a patch test appointment at least one week prior to service. However, the results are not viewed by a medical professional unless you make an arrangement to do so with your own practitioner. Please understand that a nonreactive skin test does not prevent an allergic reaction occurring at a future point in time.
Please be advised that visitors will not be allowed in the room during the tattooing service. Due to health department regulations and for the safety our clients and technicians, we can not allow any other persons beside the client and the technician to be in the room during the procedure. Thank you for your understanding.
Touch Ups/Color Refresh
Touch ups are offered to our clients starting at 6 weeks after the initial appointment and no longer than 10 weeks after the initial appointment. Color refresh services are available if a color boost is needed for existing microbladed or shaded brows. Touch up and color refresh pricing are only reserved for our existing permanent cosmetic clients.
If you are more than 20 minutes late, The Beauty Haus reserves the right to cancel your appointment. Due to this last minute cancellation, you will be responsible for the fees associated in our cancellation/rescheduling policy.
Before Your Appointment
Prior to your appointment please avoid/inform us of the following:
- DO NOT wax or tint brows 7 days prior to procedure
- DO NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure
- DO NOT take alcohol or caffeine on the day of procedure
- Please DO NOT tan or have sunburned face
- Please inform us prior to your visit if you are currently pregnant or nursing.
- Those under 18 years of age
- People with diabetes
- Pregnant and lactating women
- People with glaucoma and people who are taking blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin).
- People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the Site that is to be treated.
- People with allergies to makeup or colours
- Those with easily triggered post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation are not good candidates
- Those with transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- Active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
- Are a hemophiliac
- Have healing disorders, on blood thinners, uncontrolled high blood pressure or had mitral valve Disorder.
- Those on any skin medication such as ro-accutaine, steroids which thin and oversensitive the skin
- Approximately 4 hours after procedure cleanse the area with clean cotton rounds and sterile water and allow to air dry
- Cleanse the procedure site twice a day with clean cotton rounds and sterile water and allow to air dry.
- AVOID picking, rubbing, scratching the treated area. Please allow the peeled skin to naturally exfoliate. Picking can lead to scarring and/or loss of pigment retention within the treated area
- AVOID drenching treated area in water, using cleansers, creams, or makeup for up to 10 days (or however long the healing process takes for you).
- AVOID exercises or any strenuous activities that may cause excessive sweating until completely done peeling.
- AVOID sun exposure for the first TWO WEEKS
- AVOID applying Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, Aloe and Vitamin E products directly on the tattoo
- If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI, or other medical procedures inform the technician that you have had an cosmetic tattoo
- Lasers can cause pigment to turn darker. Avoid the procedure site.
- After you have healed, use a good sunscreen daily to help premature fading of the tattooed area.
- During the healing stage, if any signs of infection occur, abnormal swelling, redness or pain associated with the procedure area, PLEASE CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN and notify us at (512) 986-7667. Any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction resulting from the application of the tattoo shall be reported to Beauty Haus, LLC (512) 986-7667 and to the department of health at 1(888) 839-6676.